A new case of COVID-19 is being reported at St. Peter’s Catholic Secondary School in south-end Barrie as of Feb. 21.
One classroom at the Ashford Drive school has been closed as a result of the case.
At the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board, there are currently three active COVID-19 cases in addition to the St. Peter’s case:
- Our Lady of Grace Catholic School in Angus has one case, with one classroom closure, reported on Feb. 17
- St. James Catholic School has one case, with no classroom closures, reported on Feb. 19
- St. Joan of Arc Catholic High School has one case, with one classroom closure, reported on Feb. 13
At the Simcoe County District School Board, there are currently four active COVID-19 cases:
- One case and one classroom closed at Alliston Union Public School
- One case and one classroom closed at Innisfil Central Public School
- One case at Tottenham Public School
- One case and two classrooms closed at Banting Memorial High School (Alliston)
There is a current outbreak at an unnamed private school in Simcoe County and it involves two confirmed cases, according to the health unit’s reporting.
The Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit is responsible for declaring a COVID-19 outbreak in the region. According to the health unit site, an outbreak is declared at a school when student and/or staff have confirmed COVID-19 cases that can be linked to the educational setting.
The health unit will contact those who are considered to have had high-risk exposure to a known case of COVID-19.