The newly elected trustees for the Simcoe County District School Board took their official oaths and started the term this week with their inaugural meeting on Nov. 21.
Trustee Jodi Lloyd, who represents the City of Orillia and Townships of Ramara and Severn, was acclaimed as the chairperson for the board. Trusteee Brandy Rafeek, who represents Adjala-Tosorontio, Clearview and Essa Townships, and Canadian Forces Base Borden, was declared the vice-chairperson.
The other trustees elected for the current four-year term of the Simcoe County District School Board include:
- Donna Armstrong, representing Innisfil,
- Sarah Beitz, representing New Tecumseth,
- Debbie Connors, representing Bradford/West Gwillimbury,
- Mike Foley, representing Collingwood and Wasaga Beach,
- Liz Grummet, representing Oro-Medonte and Springwater,
- Anne Harrigan, representing First Nation communities,
- Dana Powell, representing Barrie wards 4, 5 and 6,
- Lynn Strachan, representing Barrie wards 1, 2, and 3,
- Lisa-Marie Wilson, representing Barrie wards 7, 8, 9, and 10, and
- Robin Talbot, representing Midland, Penetanguishene, Tay and Tiny.