MIDHURST – Starting May 3, 2021, the County the County is safely extending operating hours at our local waste facilities to support residents and businesses during COVID-19. All sites except Mara and Matchedash will move to six-days-a-week service effective May 3, 2021.
- All Waste Facilities – Hours of operation increasing from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Collingwood, West Gwillimbury and Tosorontio Waste Facilities – Effective May 3, 2021, sites will also be open on Mondays, providing six-day Monday through Saturday service
- North Simcoe, Nottawasaga and Oro Waste Facilities – Effective May 8, 2020, sites will also be open on Saturdays, providing six-day Monday through Saturday service
- Mara Waste Facility – Continues to operate Thursday through Saturday
- Matchedash Waste Facility – Continues to operate at pre-COVID levels on Sunday and Monday schedule
The County and our front-line staff ask that residents continue to follow all Public Health recommendations. If you are in self isolation, please stay at home. Please don’t make any unnecessary visits to the sites and adhere to physical distancing when interacting with staff and other site users. When physical distancing is not possible, Public Health strongly recommends wearing a mask in all settings. Traffic volumes will be monitored to ensure physical distancing can be maintained. This may lead to longer wait times during peak periods. Significant safety measures are in place to protect staff and customers; however, we ask that all customer do their part to keep our critical frontline landfill workers safe.
The full schedule can be found here. The County also encourages residents to download the Simcoe County Collects app to view your waste calendar and to receive updates on our waste services. Service Simcoe is also open to field inquiries by phone and email Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 705-735-6901 or email@example.com.